1. How can I get to the Icebar?
We are located at Amstel 194-196, 1017 AG Amsterdam.
You can take tram 4 or 14 from Amsterdam Central Station and get out at stop Rembrandtplein (2 stops), then walk 3 minutes. You can also take metro 51, 53, 54 and get out in Waterlooplein Station, and walk 3 minutes.
2. Where is the nearest parking?
The closest parking is “Parking Waterlooplein”, located at Valkenburgerstraat 238, 1011 ND Amsterdam.
3. How long can I stay inside?
Inside the actual Icebar, you can stay up to 20 minutes (if you dare). But, you may hang out in the lounge as long as you like, and try our selection of delicious cocktails.
4. What are the opening times?
You can find our opening times on the Contact page.
We are closed for a few days once a year due to renovation work of the ice interior. This usually happens around January/February, but we will publish the exact days on our website.
5. Is there a dress code? Do I have to bring warm clothes?
There is no dress code (as long as you’re decent). We will provide you with an extra coat and gloves before entering the Icebar which you can wear over your regular clothes. However, we do not recommend to wear shorts, skirts, dresses or open shoes as it can get pretty cold.
6. Are we allowed to take photos inside the Icebar?
Yes, in fact, you are encouraged to take as many photos as you want. Do not forget to tag us when you share them on social media! We also take professional photos inside that you can buy for €7,50 and pick up as you leave.
7. Can we eat inside the bar?
There is no food available at the Icebar.
8. Is it possible to smoke inside?
Smoking is not permitted, but you may exit the Icebar to do so and then come back inside (keep your ticket).
9. Can I bring baggage? Are there lockers?
You may bring a normal sized purse or backpack and keep it with you. We do not have any lockers available.
10. What kind of drinks are included in the ticket?
Upon entering, you will get 1 golden and 2 silver coins. The golden coin is for a cocktail or beer at the Lounge Bar (can also request for soft drinks).
The silver coins are for 2 drinks in the Icebar which will be served in a glass made of ice. You will be able to choose among 2 different flavours of vodka, regular vodka, sambuca, rum, Heineken beer and for the most healthy ones, orange juice.
11. Can I get extra drinks inside the bar?
Yes, you can purchase extra drinks inside the Lounge bar, unfortunately, it is not possible to do so inside the actual Icebar.
12. Are children allowed at the Icebar?
From the 22nd of March 2018, the age limit for entering the Icebar is strictly to 18 and older. Valid ID may be required.
13. Is there wheelchair access?
Wheelchairs may enter through the main door as we are located on a ground floor (no steps required). However to enter the Icebar itself, there is a step from 5 cm, normal wheelchairs which can be lifted up will have no problem entering. Not suitable for electric wheelchairs.
14. How cold is the Icebar?
It is -10°C, but in the Lounge bar it is comfortably warm.
15. Will the warm coat fit me?
All the coats are size XXXL, so they should fit almost everyone.
16. Where can I find my pictures taken at the Icebar?
The pictures taken in the Icebar are automatically uploaded here a few minutes after the picture is taken and it will stay online for 4 weeks.
1. Do I need to make a reservation to visit the Icebar or can I just show up?
We strongly advise you to make a reservation, as we often get fully booked, especially on the weekends. We will always do our best to accommodate you if you walk in, however, we can’t guarantee entrance as the Icebar has a limited capacity.
2. How do I make a reservation?
You can make an online reservation right here on our website.
3. Do I have to print my tickets?
No. You can enter the Icebar by showing your e-tickets at the entrance.
4. I have bought tickets through another website (e.g. Viator, GetYourGuide, Expedia, etc) how do I make a reservation?
If your reservation is not for a specific date and timeslot, it is necessary to do so. In order to make a reservation for a specific time slot, you have to come to the Tours and Tickets main office located in Damrak 26 (3-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station). Please note, when arriving at the office the booking will be subjected to availability.
5. I am not sure what time I’d like to book, is there any way you can squeeze me in?
We know it can be difficult to get people to commit, but we do need a definite time and number of guests from you in order to make a booking. We cannot hold provisional slots as we require a full payment in advance.
7. What happens if I miss my time slot?
If you are late for your time slot, we will try to accommodate you on the next one, however, it will be subjected to availability. Please note, tickets are non-refundable if you miss your session.
If you know in advance that you will not be able to make your reservation time, please call us at +31 20 320 5700 to try and arrange an alternate time.
8. I did not receive my email confirmation/tickets, how can I retrieve it?
If you did not receive your confirmation email or tickets and it is also not in your Junk/Spam folder, please send an email to email@example.com, please include the following information: date, time and name you used to make the booking.
9. Are dogs allowed inside the Icebar?
Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Icebar.
10. How can I book a ticket with the iAmsterdam City Card?
You can only book tickets with the iAmsterdam City Card at the door, to make sure there are tickets available it is best to check the website just before or call us on +31 20 320 5700.